FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge (FLL)
FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge (FLL) is the most accessible, guided, global robotics competition, helping students and teachers to build a better future together. The program is built around theme-based Challenges to engage children ages 9 to 14 in research, problem solving, coding, and engineering. During each season, teams of up to 10 members will choose and solve a real-world problem in the Project. They will also build, test, and program an autonomous robot using LEGO® MINDSTORMS technology to solve a set of missions in the Robot Game. Throughout their experience, teams will operate under Core Values celebrating discovery, teamwork, and Gracious Professionalism®.
Past themes include space, natural disasters, senior citizens, food health & safety, climate change, medical science, and nanotechnology. Tournaments are run with the feel of a sporting event, and teams compete like crazy while having the time of their lives. It’s fun, exciting and the skills they learn will last a lifetime.
ELEMENTARY AND MIDDLE-SCHOOL STUDENTS GET TO:
- Design, build, test and program robots using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Learn critical thinking, team-building and presentation skills
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations